[Zope] A question about ZSQL

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sun Feb 6 11:53:37 EST 2005

Am Sonntag, den 06.02.2005, 07:30 -0800 schrieb Low Kian Seong:
> Dear people,
>
> I have a survey form that has about 26 fields in them
> and I want to put the data into a postgresql database
> via a psycopg adapter. Problem is when i build the
> insert using a zsql, do i have to manually create each
> field using <dtml-sqlvar ? seems very long and
> unproductive way to do it.
>
> Doing it using an external method, I will loose the
> niceties of dtml-sqlvar such as auto escaping of input
> and such.

You can loop over a list of arguments and build your query
with that. If you use all <dtml-sqlvar type=string>
it whould work for postgres.

However, I wonder how you created your tables and your
formular code without manually writing the 26 field names
anyway... And lets hope your users like to write so
many fields too ;)

(Hint: you can also create the code inside the ZSQL
Method with a script as code generator - just
look up the arguments in ZMI when you create a ZSQL
method manually)

Regards
Tino