[Zope] Re: Zope or Python blocking on select()

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue Feb 8 17:32:00 EST 2005

On Feb 8, 2005, at 17:55, Tres Seaver wrote:
> |> I am wondering which version of glibc you have, or if you are using
> the
> |> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL variable in any way?  Can you also tell me what
> your
> |> ./configure command line looked like when you compiled Python?  I
> have compiled
> |> both 2.4 and 2.3.3 on the FC1 machine, but perhaps I left something
> critical
> |> out of the configuration.
>
> I don't do anything to touch LD_ASSUME_KERNEL, and my 'configure' is
> bare-bones simple ('--prefix="/opt/zope" --enable-unicode="ucs2"').

I honestly don't remember where that whole "LD_ASSUME_KERNEL" stuff
originated, but it seems to be one of those myths that somehow never
die. I have used all kinds of RH/FC releases over the last 5 years and
it seems that LD_ASSUME_KERNEL was used for some other purpose, and
unfortunately it has reached complete FUD status as far as Python/Zope
is concerned now...

jens