[Zope] Re: Zope or Python blocking on select()

David Swift dswift at apmindsf.com
Tue Feb 8 18:09:08 EST 2005

Hi all,

Thought I'd post what appears to have solved my problem.

I had created '/usr/local/zope/prodProducts' to hold the product code
for all my Zqpe instances.  I then made 'instance/Products' a symlink to
'/usr/local/zope/prodProducts' for my Zope instances.

When I looked at the strace of the Python process, it appeared that the
ZWiki .py files were being re-compiled for each page.  I removed the
symlink, and copied the product code to the 'instance/Products'
directory, and everything appeared to work then.  Page render times are
now between 1.6 - 4.4 seconds on a 2.5 Ghz Intel box.

Thanks!
David