[Zope] Completely Random FTP Failures

Edward Pollard pollej at uleth.ca
Sat Feb 12 15:30:50 EST 2005

Hi All,

We're using LDAP user folder for FTP authentication. Dreamweaver is our
primary FTP client.
(Oh, and its Zope 2.7.4/LDAPUserFolder 2.4)

Every once in a while, it doesn't work. 70% of the time its fine. Then,

 From the FTP Client Log:
220 pollux FTP server (Medusa Async V1.23 [experimental]) ready.
USER pollej
331 Password required.
PASS
230 Login successful.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
CWD /www/it
250 CWD command successful.
CWD /www/it/_mm
550 No such directory.
CWD /
250 CWD command successful.
MKD /www/it/XYIZNWSK
530 Unauthorized.
RMD /www/it/XYIZNWSK
530 Unauthorized.
RMD /www/it/xyiznwsk
530 Unauthorized.
CWD /www/it
530 Unauthorized.

And these lines will be dropped into the Site Error Log:
Traceback (innermost last):
   Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 449, in traverse
   Module ZPublisher.HTTPResponse, line 671, in unauthorized
Unauthorized: <strong>You are not authorized to access this
resource.</strong><p>
Username and password are not correct.

Exact same configuration typically results in this transaction:
220 pollux FTP server (Medusa Async V1.23 [experimental]) ready.
USER pollej
331 Password required.
PASS
230 Login successful.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
CWD /www/it
250 CWD command successful.
CWD /www/it/_mm
550 No such directory.
CWD /
250 CWD command successful.
MKD /www/it/XYIZNWSK
257 MKD command successful.
CWD /www/it
250 CWD command successful.
PWD
257 "/www/it" is the current directory.

So, am I the only one this doesn't make a lick of sense too?