[Zope] ZODB config question

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Mon Feb 14 10:15:58 EST 2005

Ok. Is the pool-size option usable for Zeo connections ?
I am trying to increase the number of ZServer threads, so I guess I need to
increase the number of Zeo connections too.
(I use Zope 2.7.4)

Thanks.

Pascal

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Tim Peters [mailto:tim.peters at gmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 14 février 2005 16:09
À : Pascal Peregrina
Cc : zope at zope.org
Objet : Re: [Zope] ZODB config question

[Pascal Peregrina]
> I would like to know what is the difference between these 2 ZODB config
> params :
>    <key name="pool-size" datatype="integer" default="7"/>
>    <key name="version-pool-size" datatype="integer" default="3"/>

Before ZODB 3.3.1, there's a hard limit on the number of
simultaneously open DB Connections.  Well, there are two hard limits,
one for DB.open() calls that pass a non-empty string as the value of
the optional version= argument (that limit is version-pool-size), and
the other is for all other DB.open() calls (connections not "in a
version", & that limit is pool-size).

If you don't use versions (which are, as Chris said, deprecated),
version-pool-size has no effect.

If you try to open more Connections than the appropriate limit, the
DB.open() call will block until a Connection of the requested flavor
(version versus non-version) is closed.  Because the _usual_ outcome
in this case is that the call blocks forever, in ZODB 3.3.1 there are
no hard limits here (although these config options still exist, and
exceeding them logs advisory messages).

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com