[Zope] Clearing _v_ attributes

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Wed Feb 16 00:12:32 EST 2005

My test was wrong... Which means it works fine. :)

Thanks.

Pascal

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Dieter Maurer [mailto:dieter at handshake.de]
Envoyé : mardi 15 février 2005 19:52
À : Pascal Peregrina
Cc : 'zope at zope.org'
Objet : Re: [Zope] Clearing _v_ attributes

Pascal Peregrina wrote at 2005-2-15 14:17 +0100:
>I would like to know the best way to ensure all _v_ attributes of a
>particular object get cleared in all Zope instances.
>My configuration is : several Zope instances <-> Zeo
>
>I was thinking about changing a non volatile attribute on the object : this
>should cause it to be reloaded in all connections of all Zope instances,
>isn't it ?

Yes, but with the exception of the modifying connection.
There, you would need to clear the "_v_" attributes explicitely.

>It did that, but it does not appear to work... It seems that on the Zope
>instance I do it it's fine, but not on the others.

That is almost unbelievable...

How to you check in the other instance?
You know that invalidations are only processed at new requests?

--
Dieter

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com