[Zope] Re: zopeXMLMethods and Zope 2.7.x

Anton Stonor stonorn at giraffen.dk
Wed Feb 16 09:43:36 EST 2005

Francois-regis.Chalaoux at sanofi-aventis.com wrote:

> It seems that zopeXMLMethods and Zope 2.7.x do not work correctly together.
> In fact, installed xml processors are not visible from ZopeXMLMethods
> object in ZMI (blank list). Personaly I use 4Suite 1.0a4 as processor.
> Everything work with Zope 2.7.2 but since Zope 2.7.3 every fail.
>
> Have you this problem, solutions ?

Been there too. I've patched the __init__.py. The attached one should work.

To fix 4Suite support I did this:

In FourSuiteProcessor.py:

Remove these lines:

if not os.environ.has_key(XML_CATALOGS): os.environ['XML_CATALOGS'] =
/please/ignore/this/workaround

And replace this:
from Ft.Lib.Uri import SchemeRegistryResolver

with this:
from Ft.Lib.Resolvers import SchemeRegistryResolver

/Anton
-------------- next part --------------
"""
$RCSfile: __init__.py,v $

The ZopeXMLMethods package is a Zope product.

Author: Chip Morris <cmorris at arielpartners.com>
Modified by Philipp von Weitershausen <philikon at philikon.de>

$Id: __init__.py,v 1.15 2003/03/30 03:45:47 cstrong Exp $
"""

__cvstag__  = '$Name:  $'[6:-2]
__date__    = '$Date: 2003/03/30 03:45:47 $'[6:-2]
__version__ = '$Revision: 1.15 $'[10:-2]

import XSLTMethod
import CacheManager

from XSLTMethod import manage_addXSLTMethod, \
     manage_addXSLTMethodForm, addXSLTMethod
from CacheManager import manage_addXMLMethodCacheManagerForm, \
     manage_addXMLMethodCacheManager, addXMLMethodCacheManager

def initialize(context):
    """
    Initialize the ZopeXMLMethods product.  This makes the object appear
    in the Zope product list menu. initialize() is called by Zope when
    starting a Zope server.
    """
    try:
        context.registerClass( XSLTMethod.XSLTMethod,
                               constructors = ( manage_addXSLTMethodForm,
                                                manage_addXSLTMethod,
                                                addXSLTMethod,
                                                XSLTMethod.XSLTMethod.availableProcessors,
                                                XSLTMethod.XSLTMethod.behaveLikeList),
                               icon = 'www/XSLTMethod.gif' )

        context.registerClass( CacheManager.CacheManager,
                               constructors = ( manage_addXMLMethodCacheManagerForm,
                                                manage_addXMLMethodCacheManager,
                                                addXMLMethodCacheManager,
                                                XSLTMethod.findCacheManager),
                               icon = 'www/cache.gif' )

        context.registerHelp()

    except:
        import sys, traceback, string
        type, val, tb = sys.exc_info()
        sys.stderr.write(string.join(traceback.format_exception(type, val, tb), ''))
        del type, val, tb