[Zope] Groupware for civil engineering projects

Isaac Israel ISAACI at Amdocs.com
Thu Feb 17 03:31:53 EST 2005

Hi,
We are planning to develop implement a solution with the following
Characteristics :
1. Project collaboration platform.( on the internet)
2. Deal with big file (uploading/downloading) up to 15MG max. site user
upload/download  DWG/PLT files to the site.
3. Managing file (preferably in folders)
4. Multisite platform
5. Translation to Hebrew (or at least ability to translate)
6. User privileges per site/file

7. ability to Trace & record all activities with in the site

 Zope frame work attracted our attention since we assume new
requirements would raise on the way. It seem a very extensive and
complete platform.

 Plone seem like a good starting point .please let me know if there
other alternatives I could evaluate.

The first issue I Couldn't figure out yet,  It seem uploaded files are
stored in the DB which might be problematic planned file size I assume
(can we change this).

Thank you
Isaac

Isaac Israel

+972-9-77-67208   (Office)

+972-52-552-2872 (Mobile)

The information is intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s)
of the message. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or
copying of
immediately
Thank you.

Thank you.