[Zope] Groupware for civil engineering projects

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Thu Feb 17 03:39:51 EST 2005

--On Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2005 10:31 Uhr +0200 Isaac Israel
<ISAACI at Amdocs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> We are planning to develop implement a solution with the following
> Characteristics :
> 1. Project collaboration platform.( on the internet)
> 2. Deal with big file (uploading/downloading) up to 15MG max. site user
> upload/download  DWG/PLT files to the site.
> 3. Managing file (preferably in folders)
> 4. Multisite platform
> 5. Translation to Hebrew (or at least ability to translate)
> 6. User privileges per site/file
>

> 7. ability to Trace & record all activities with in the site
>

>  Zope frame work attracted our attention since we assume new
> requirements would raise on the way. It seem a very extensive and
> complete platform.
>
>  Plone seem like a good starting point .please let me know if there
> other alternatives I could evaluate.

The big three CMS solutions are CPS, Plone and Silva (each one with
diffent goals). CPS focuses on groupware aspects, Silva is XML driven, Plone
is a CMS with a nice UI...

> The first issue I Couldn't figure out yet,  It seem uploaded files are
> stored in the DB which might be problematic planned file size I assume
> (can we change this).

There are solutions to store uploaded content on different storages: ZODB,
filesystem, RDBMS etc... it depends on your implementation plattform
etc...everything
can be done.

-aj