[Zope] Structured text / charsets

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Feb 18 15:05:06 EST 2005

Oliver Sturm wrote at 2005-2-18 12:37 +0000:
>Reading postings about charset problems with structured text, the
>solution usually involves setting the locale for the Zope instance to
>the correct value. The problem is, this Zope instance contains data in
>different charsets

You have a chance that StructuredText might work with Unicode
correctly -- independent of locale (I am not sure, though;
the chance comes from the fact that StructuredText uses
regular expressions and they can handle unicode correctly (and
usually transparently).

Whenever you have different charsets in one application,
it is always a good idea to look for Unicode!

--
Dieter