[Zope] url path remainder as a script parameter?
kent at watsen.net
Sat Feb 19 23:53:40 EST 2005
I'm trying to provide a Zope interface for an existing photo album
application that has an XML-RPC interface. The application contains a
very large number of pictures that can by queried in various ways (time,
event, featured people, etc.).
I do not want to create Zope folders, but I do want the URLs to suggest
that the pictures are stored in a folder hierarchy. For instance:
- this is root of photo archive
- a person-specific photo album - presenting available years
- a person-specific, year-specific album - presenting available
- a person-specific, month-specific album - presenting
- a person-specific, day-specific album - presenting available
- a pic...
It seems clear that I need to add a something to the Zope root having
the id "photos", but is it a Python Script or a Product? I tried
creating a Product and setting the __getitem__ method, but it didn't work.
While I know the Zope-way is to store the objects in the Zope database,
surely what I am trying to do is not uncommon either - so how do people
normally do this?
More information about the Zope