[Zope] The specified locale "de_CH" is not supported by your system

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Feb 20 13:36:36 EST 2005

robert wrote at 2005-2-20 15:11 +0100:
>I do not exactly know when and how this started to happen, but I can not
>add any local key in zopes config file anymore.
>When I do, I get an error:
>The specified locale "de_CH" is not supported by your system

This means your operating system has not installed the locale "de_CH".

Your options:

  *  install it

  *  use a locale that is installed

On our Linux hosts, "de_DE" was replaced by "de_DE at euro" -- to include
Euro symbol support. Maybe, your problems have a similar cause?

In this case, various other names may be available (I think,
I have also seen "de_DE at iso-8859-15" and "de_DE at latin-9";
I am not sure about the "@", could be something else).

--
Dieter