[Zope] zope rewrite problems.

Dale Strickland-Clark zope at d.strickers.org.uk
Sun Feb 20 18:29:12 EST 2005

Please reply to the list.

1. If you enter the full Zope path - bypassing the rewrite rule into your
browser, do you get the desired result? If not, the rewrite rule isn't your
problem and you're parsing your querystring badly.

2. Have you switched on the rewrite log to see what the rewrite is doing with
your URLs? If it's not creating the full Zope path you need, then the rule
needs fixing.

Call me an over-simplifying old fool but I can't see how it can be other than
one of these.

On Sunday 2005 February 20 23:04, Wombie Tomek wrote:
> everything about it looks fine.  the only times it breaks has to with
> anything following a "/" a ?query=anything... anything trying to pass
> variables breaks it.  search, images, langauges, etc.
>

> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:35:55 +0000, Dale Strickland-Clark
>
> > That all looks pretty similar to what we use and we're not having any
> > trouble with it. Maybe your problem is elsewhere?
> >
> > Have you checked the rewrite log and tried the translated URLs by hand?
> >
> > On Sunday 2005 February 20 18:37, Wombie Tomek wrote:
> > > can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong? i'm trying to use zope
> > > behind apache but i'm having some odd troubles.
> > >
> > > my site works with the current rewrite rule for the most part but any
> > > query strings thrown to the site result in weird errors.  for example
> > > searches do not work, language switching, zphotos...
> > >
> > > i have a standard virtualhostmonster and my rewrite rules in apache
> > > look something like this:
> > >
> > > RewriteRule ^/(.*)
> > > http://www.thoracicavity.com:8085/VirtualHostBase/http/
> > > www.thoracicavity.com:80/wombie/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P,L]