[Zope] Re: dreamwaeaver, zope, and webdav

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Wed Jan 5 09:23:03 EST 2005

The problem is with DreamWeaver/Windows wanting to associate everything
with an extension rather than content.  What I have done for my users to
be able to use DreamWeaver is to have index_html point to index.html by
putting <dtml-var index.html> as the only line in index_html. You have
to do this in each directory or you will pick up the index.html from the
same level index_html is in if you use a url without the page name
itself and don't have an index_html page.

hope this lines up right for you.

eg. a-
      |_ index.html
      |_ index_html
      |_ b
          |_index.html

both URLs /a/ and /a/b/ would show index.html in /a/

 I think you can also set the default page to be index.html instead of
index_html.  There have been addins in the past for DreamWeaver to edit
dtml tags but that doesn't solve the no extension problem.  DreamWeaver
IDs the file by its extension so it can display specific tools for that
type of file:xml,html,cold fusion, etc.  There would need to be some way
in DreamWeaver preferences to associate no extension files as html which
I don't think is possible.

I know many users love to use DW but I usually stick to vi or zmi.

Tom