[Zope] dreamwaeaver, zope, and webdav

Andrew Sawyers andrew at zope.com
Wed Jan 5 11:42:11 EST 2005

Doug Reiland wrote:
> thanks for the info.
> Yes, I would be interested in your plugin.
> I am new (you can probably tell) to the web site stuff. I am pretty sure
> I want to use Zope. I am really interested in Plone, but starting out slow.
In my limited experience with Plone (it powers my personal site) I
wouldn't choose it again for what I need there....but I'm lazy and since
  I put the effort into making it work, it suffices for now.

> I am trying to determine if Dreamweaver is going to make my life easier
> and worth the expense to manage/design as much as possible.
That's often decided in retrospect.  I think Dreamweaver is yet another
tool in the developers toolbox.  It has it's uses.  I don't use a hammer
when I need a screw driver; the skill is knowing when/what to use it for
and not trying to make it more then it is.

> What is the best way to change zope site to extensions? I know when I
> discovered DW couldn't edit index_html, I renamed it to index.html, but
> of course my intial zope site stopped working.
All my development is based on building on top of the CMF and therefore
I make sure all my actions are templates with .html extensions.....

> Thanks!

I'll try to write up my madness on zope.org sometime; it definately
won't work for everyone - but I think it's a solid way of using
dreamweaver with Zope.  I've got a way of using the Dreamweaver
templating and Library objects with Zope that I think is pretty cool.
At the end of the day, the tolerability factor is determined by the
audience of those files.  I did it for web designers - not engineers.

Andrew

--
Zope Managed Hosting
Systems Administrator/Software Engineer