[Zope] Re: Authenticated SMTP.

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue Jan 11 03:58:30 EST 2005

On Jan 11, 2005, at 0:50, Maik Jablonski wrote:

> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> On Jan 10, 2005, at 22:58, Fernando Lujan wrote:
>>> That's a simples question... Are there some product that send e-mail
>>> messages like maildrophost and support authenticated smtp?
>> No, there is no combination of transaction-aware mail transport like
>> MaildropHost does combined with authenticated SMTP I am afraid.
>
> SecureMailHost claims to do this... don't know if it works, but maybe
> it's woth a try:
>
> http://zopewiki.org/SecureMailHost

There's no hooks into the transaction machinery on that one, so you
could still run into the "multiple emails" problem. And it seems to
spawn threads from within Zope itself for its "asynchronous delivery"
mode. Doing that kind of thing has always scared me :)

jens

Jens Vagelpohl			jens at zetwork.com
Software Engineer			+49-(0)441-36 18 14 38
Zetwork GmbH				http://www.zetwork.com/