[Zope] Undo problem

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jan 14 13:48:51 EST 2005

Pascal Peregrina wrote at 2005-1-13 23:09 +0100:
>One last thing I noticed :
>Although when displaying B PersistentMapping content I can see A changes,
>the undo tab of B says there is nothing to undo (while the undo tab of A
>says I can undo whatever property change I did to it).
>
>B class is declared as extending : UniqueObject, SimpleItem, Persistent

The "Undo" tab at an object does not (!) list all transactions
having affected this object!

Instead, transactions can have a description.
Zope usually puts the path of the object located by URL traversal
into the description field.
The undoable transactions listed at object "O"s "Undo" tab
are the transactions that have "O"s path as prefix of the transaction's
description.

Thus, usually, there is only a slight chance that you
see a transaction record for "T" in "O"'s "Undo" tab even when
"T" modified "O".

--
Dieter