[Zope] Zcatalog searches

Ken Ara feedreader at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 12:06:31 EST 2005

Brian,

Some code you can use as a starting point to produce
KWIC (key word in context) can be found here:
http://zope.org/Members/Ioan/SiteSearch. It's old but
works for me under Zope 2.7.3.

This implementation requires the searchable text to be
in Catalog metadata, which seems to be a bad thing,
but I have never really understood just how bad..

The recent discussions about memory use have got me
thinking again about this; I would appreciate any
pointers to discussion/explanation of catalog metadata
and memory.

Best,

Ken