[Zope] documentation defacement

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Jan 25 16:02:06 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 08:49:41AM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> Fred Drake wrote:
>
> >Hmm.  If the version on zope.org is not canonical, it shouldn't be
> >editable (annotatable, yes, but not editable).

Agreed. But I don't have access on zope.org to change the
permissions on the book.  I have no idea if the workflow even
supports such a state.

> Indeed. I don't think the BackTalk feature has really helped all that
> much, people just abuse it :-(

I disagree, having edited a chapter for the 2.6 edition
and working on one for the 2.7 edition, many of the comments
are invaluable.

> >I'd really like to see documentation maintained like other sources,
> >using a revision control system (Subversion would be ideal, but CVS
> >would be a step forward, IMO).  Having yet another place to go doesn't
> >help.

+1, a couple people volunteered to help me with appendix B
and it's been a pain coordinating that "by hand".

As always, lack of time is the big problem.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com