[Zope] Passing parameters

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jan 26 13:48:57 EST 2005

Vangelis Mihalopoulos wrote at 2005-1-26 13:08 +0200:
>George Tesseris wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to pass parameters to a dtml method from within another
>> dtml method?
>> thx in advance!
>

>Yes,
>
>1) you can use a python expression when calling, like:
>calling DTML method (test1):
>   <dtml-var expr="test2(param='a dtml method')">

Be warned. You will loose the DTML namespace with this.

For details, please read "Calling DTML Objects" in

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

>called DTML method (test2):
>    this is a <dtml-var param>
>
>2)you can set a parameter in the REQUEST, which is global, but i
>wouldn't do it

3)
   Usually (when you call DTML objects correctly), the
   DTML namespace is global. I.e. any variable in the DTML
   namespace visible at the calling point is visible inside
   the called DTML object.

--
Dieter