[Zope] Is Zope in Use in the law firm sector?

Maik Ihde maik.ihde at haarmannhemmelrath.com
Fri Jan 28 05:49:01 EST 2005

Hi there

does anyone know of a succesful Zope-Project (especially together with CMF/Plone
or similar CMS) in a major law firm ?

Background: We use a Zope-based CMS for our Website and are also using a small
Plone based Intranet App for our IT Department. At the moment there is a strong
interest in implementing a solution which shall cover Intranet, collaborative
Document Management, eLearning and various "Connectors" to other Systems like
SAP R3 and Lotus Notes.

Of course there are some hi-class ECMS Systems like Hyperwave which go into that
direction. But these are expensive pieces of software, and I personally would
rather like to see a Zope based solution here.

I know of a few major Zope Projects in Germany, like the ones at Ver.di (largest
trade union in Germany) and TU München (Technical University of Munich) which
address really large Scale Installations.

But are there any references about Intranet Solutions for larger law firms with
like 500-1500 Users?

Kind Regards
Maik