[Zope] User-private folderish object

Richard Jennings rpjennings at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 00:55:06 EST 2005

Hi All,

A python product I am developing needs a 'user-private' folderish
object.  This seems to be a need that others might have solved but
googling has not turned up any results.

If I have to do this, my first strategy would be to as follows:
Use a __before_publishing_traverse__ hook on my root object to create
a session data object.

Use its onAdd method to create the user-private object in the root object.
Use its onDelete method to destroy the user-private object.

I am assuming that this will cause the owner of the 'user-private'
object to be the person who logged in and that setting its
__ac_roles__ as 'Owner' will limit access to the object to just the
session owner.  (seems a bit complicated, though!)

My question to the Zope cognoscenti is:
Is this a viable strategy?
Is there a better solution?

I use python 2.3 & Zope 2.7.1