[Zope] Accessing the ZODB from other applications via ODBC on windows

bruno modulix bruno at modulix.org
Sat Jan 29 14:29:36 EST 2005

Thomas Adams a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Perhaps this is a newbie question, but I didn't find something similar
> in the list now.
> I want to connect to the ZODB from another applications (something that
> runs on windows,
> in this case it should be in MS Access), and read
> some data entries which I need for this application.
>
> Is there a ODBC-Diver availabe for the ZODB, that allows one to access
> the ZODB from
> another application?

You can of course connect to the ZODB from any Python app, this is
almost trivial (there are some tips on zope.org and other Zope-related
sites and lists). I know that Python integrates well with COM, so I
guess that it could be possible to write a Python COM object to
interface Access with the ZODB. I've also heard of a Catalog-like (was
it ZSQLCatalog or like ?) product that allow to run SQL queries on the
ZODB.

HTH
Bruno