[Zope] Migration of Zope 2.2.3 Installation

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sun Jan 30 20:12:49 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:43:02AM +0000, Segedunum wrote:
> Given some cyclic dependencies on this system we can't upgrade Zope straight
> away, but we need to upgrade the rest of the system which indirectly entails
> updating to Python 2.4 which is unavoidable. Does Zope 2.2.3 depend tightly
> on Python 1.5, or could it run under 2.4?

Even *current* stable releases of Zope are not officially supported
for python 2.4.

>If not I'll have to think about
> some kind of slotted install and move over.

Your zope start scripts should specify which version of python they
use, and there is no reason not to have multiple versions of
python installed.

Dunno about your upgrade process per se, it's been so long since
I've even *seen* a zope 2.2 system :-)
But I would NOT try to run it on anything other than python 1.5.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com