[Zope] KeyError with everything

Jamie van Dyke a_bloke at mac.com
Sun Jan 30 22:04:39 EST 2005

Hi,  I wondered if anyone could help me on this issue that is driving
me nuts.  I'm new to zope, and google has been fruitless on this.

I have installed Zope 2.7, Plone 2.0.5, and have Python 2.4 on.  Not
supported, I know, but I needed 2.4 for something else, so figured I'd
try it.

Anyway, I have it all up and running fine, but some Products won't
install.  E.g.  SimpleBlog, CMFBoard, and ArchExample.  Well, okay,
they will install, and zope will start, but they all have the same
symptoms.  Whenever I add a blog, forum, or article from them, I get a
KeyError, on field 'zid'.  With ArchExample, it actually says "I can't
find this file", but I know it means the same error (I hope).

I've also tried creating my own class in ArgoUML, ArchGenXML'ing it,
and I get the same with that too.  Even if I create the simplest of
classes.

Wha could be wrong here?  Give me hints and I'll dig deeper, it's just
that I can't find anything on google at all  :-/

Thanks,
Jamie