[Zope] LocalFS-1-3-andreas and Zope 2.7.2

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Jan 31 13:45:24 EST 2005

Chris Withers wrote at 2005-1-31 10:22 +0000:
>Yes, but remember what LocalFS is doing is trying to spoof Zope into
>believing objects come from within the ZODB, while actually storing them
>on the file system.

I do not think that "LocalFS" is in any way interested to simulate
objects in the ZODB. Instead, it emulates a hierarchy apparently rooted
in a ZODB based object. But this is purely an acquisition concept and
completely independent from the ZODB.

>I have a hunch that it probably mixes OFS.Image.File into its "File"
>objects, and OFS.Image.File is doing something naughty (it usually does,
>it's got some VERY esoteric code in it ;-) which results in data being
>comitted to the ZODB.

Indeed, it contains a subtransaction commit.

However, this should only lead to true ZODB writes when
the object either already was persistent or is new
and part of a modified persistent object.

>> Debugging in an interactive Python session?
>
>Okay, but what am I looking for?

In the current transaction (obtained via "get_transaction()"
for "_objects". You are interested in the code
that adds objects to "_objects". The first object
added to "_objects" is the persistent object that should
not have become modified.

--
Dieter