[Zope] Apache 2 + Zope can't gzip HTTP response body?

Daniel Dekany ddekany at freemail.hu
Sat Jul 2 14:56:02 EDT 2005

Can I use HTTP "Content-Encoding: gzip" for Zope if I use Apache 2? (And
should I use gzip content-encoding?)

The mod_gzip doesn't work with Apache 2, but instead it has mod_deflate.
But mod_deflate can't chose which responses to gzip based on the
MIME-type for responses that are coming through
ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse. And with Zope I can't rely on extensions
(like .html), just on the MIME-type. Do I think these well?

Somebody have solved this (gzip-ing the response bodies)?

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany