[Zope] Pass objects from template to template via HTML forms.

Jürgen Herrmann Juergen.Herrmann at XLhost.de
Tue Jul 5 03:59:00 EDT 2005

[ Negroup - wrote:]
> 2005/7/5, Konstantin E. Steuck <phoenix_12 at ngs.ru>:
>> Negroup - wrote:
> [cut]
>> Try looking into copy/cut/paste machinery, it seems to be what you're
looking for

> This is a thing I absolutely want to avoid. I simply need to pass an
object directly from one template to another, without intermediate steps
(like, copying or creating the object with some manage_*method from a
template, read the created object from the other template and then
remove the object itself because unuseful..).

> In python it is so immediate: I pass objects between functions via
parameters; in zope the most natural way to "simulate" parameters
passing from one zpt and another is storing them inside the request
object, and thus, using html forms. But for some reasons that I'm
missing, it doesn't work!

passing objects from one template to another via the REQUEST variable only
works while you're in ONE request. otherwise you'll get a string
representation as you mentioned.

try using the session mechanism instead:
http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/Sessions.stx

regards, juergen herrmann

>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting <<

Juergen Herrmann
Weiherweg 10, 93051 Regensburg, Germany
Fon:  +49 (0)700 XLHOSTDE [0700 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)721 151 463027

ICQ:  27139974  -  IRC: #XLhost at quakenet
WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de