[Zope] Zope won't give up WebDAV Lock

hpinson at indepthl.com hpinson at indepthl.com
Wed Jul 6 09:50:36 EDT 2005

I have a regularly occuring WebDAV problem:

A file edited via ExternalEditor gets a WebDAV lock.  Upon closing
(Textpad in this case) occasionally the lock is not released.

The lock is not listed in Control Panel > WebDAV Lock Manager,
therefore cannot be released there.

Restarting Zope does not release the lock.

This is getting to be a terrible problem.  Once a lock is in place,
the file cannot be changed, renamed, or deleted at all subsequently.

Zope is 2.7.6 Final, Fedora Core 3, Python 2.3.3

Here is the only reference that I have been able to find in the log:

2005-07-06T10:22:00 ERROR(200) SiteError http://.../PUT
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/zope276/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 101, in
publish
    request, bind=1)
  File "/var/zope276/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py", line 88, in
mapply
    if debug is not None: return debug(object,args,context)
  File "/var/zope276/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 39, in
call_object
    result=apply(object,args) # Type s<cr> to step into published
object.
  File
"/var/zope276/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/ZopePageTemplate.py",
line 239, in PUT
    self.dav__simpleifhandler(REQUEST, RESPONSE, refresh=1)
  File "/var/zope276/lib/python/webdav/Resource.py", line 106, in
dav__simpleifhandler
    raise Locked, "Resource is locked."
Locked: Resource is locked.

Harlow Pinson