[Zope] Pluggable Auth Service ... how is it used?

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Thu Jul 7 01:41:42 EDT 2005

I'd like to get session-based login going, and on the surface PAS appears to
support that.

First up, is there any documentation?

I've set up in my PAS "acl_users" the following objects:

1. "cookies" - a Cookie Auth Helper active for Challenge
2. "session" - a Session Auth Helper active for  Extraction, Update
    Credentials and Reset Credentials
3. "users"   - a ZODB User Manager with a single user "test"
4. "roles"   - a ZODB Role Manager with the "test" user assigned to "Manager"

Then accessing a "Manager" protected method inside the folder brings up the
login form from the Cookie Auth Helper, but submitting that form does nothing
(it returns the empty form to me).

Switching the "cookies" object to handle Extraction, Update Credentials and
Reset Credentials makes the login work, but I'd like to use the session.

The docs that come with the product talk about Decorators and Property Sheets
used to extend the user properties, but I can't even find anything with
either of those names in the UI.

The interface has "Scriptable Plugin" with a teasingly disabled "Validation"
interface -- which I have found to mean user validation. I'd like to enforce
valid email address capture ... when I can figure how to actually capture an
email address, that is.

    Richard