[Zope] Re: Re: Poll: Zope and Suse Linux

Peter Bengtsson peterbe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:08:54 EDT 2005

> >> Why do these bastards ship Zope with an unsupported Python version...
> >> unbelievable! Maybe a reason *not* to use Suse.
> >
> > he he. I think the equivalent of using deb packages (or alike) to
> > install and maintain your zope is like create and maintain a zclass
> > project: you get started quickly but very soon you grow out of it and
> > the ceiling can't be raised without breaking the roof.
> >
> Does your technical expertise match your sense of humour? I have built
> Python and Zope from source in the past, but that was always on a system
> which had shipped with an earlier version of Python. In this case building
> from source generates the following error when you start Zope. This was
> python2.3.5 tar file from python.org and zope-2.7.5, from zope.org. All the
> advice on the Web talks about removing old code, because DbTab is now
> integrated. The error message was:

To simplify me statement:
 - I've had problems with deb packaged zope's
 - other people complain about pre-packaged packages
 - building from source has a threshold hassle level worth taking
 - building from source is better if you're serious about your installation

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com