[Zope] Product logging to Postgres

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Thu Jul 14 19:38:28 EDT 2005

On Thursday, July 14, 2005, at 05:40 PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> David Pratt wrote at 2005-7-12 10:44 -0300:
>> I am wanting to log a product to postgres database. I want to write to
>> the log from my Script Python methods (in skins) when certain actions
>> occur. The product itself uses a number of zsql methods.  Can I import
>> existing zope logging classes in my Script Python
>
> You can import them as soon as you execute the necessary security
> declarations (--> "PythonScripts" --> "README").

Hi Dieter.  I realize that external methods are needed in most cases to
import into a Script Python.
I was hoping perhaps logging might be one of the classes that could be
imported without going to external methods.

>> to to this
>
> In order to let Zope's "logging classes" log to postgres, you
> will need to implement a new log handler that does this...

Thanks.  I guess my big decision with this was whether I ought to use
what already exists in Zope or use python's logging class.  Either way
I have to write something to handle, store, retrieve the logs for sure.

Regards,
David