[Zope] ZTUtils.Iterator value in ZPT

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Wed Jul 20 08:54:48 EDT 2005

Hi Chris. Thanks for your reply.

My understanding (which may be flawed) is that ZTUtils iterator
provides values of a sequence as you iterate over them with a repeat
statement.  I believe what I am trying to do is sensible.  I have
looked at the api and can't seem to get the right magic using the
methods  provided.  Tabindex for forms keeps track of tab position so
when you use tab key it moves the cursor to next field tabindex in form
.  So if I have 5 input fields from top to bottom, I want to define an
iterator object, and obtain the next number in the iterator when zpt
does its thing to create the form so that I would have a tabindex
starting at 1 and next field value would be 2, then 3 etc.

A range by itself doesn't do the trick since it provides all values to
the variable where I am looking only for a single number incremented to
the next value.

Regards,
David