[Zope] Re: Zope Foundation Update

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Wed Jul 20 13:36:56 EDT 2005

Godefroid Chapelle  <gotcha at bubblenet.be> wrote:
> There is nothing against the ZF : there is sthing against ZC being the
> sole owner of the TMs when the current value of it has been established
> by the community as a whole, especially out of USA.
>
> This is why I support the proposal made by a few members of the
> community to have the ZF own the TMs and that would give a perpetual
> license to Zope Corporation to use it.

This is beyond my understanding. ZC created Zope. ZC created the brand.
ZC is called "Zope Corp". Why on earth would they relinquish the core
asset that is their trademark and branding? It's theirs. They're giving
the full use of it to the community. What's wrong with that? Why do you
want, require, more?

The current state of what ZC proposes doesn't prevent anyone from doing
anything reasonable.

"Give them your hand, and they'll ask for your arm"...

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com