[Zope] Re: Memory Errors

Peter Bengtsson peterbe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 06:13:21 EDT 2005

How about ditching OpenBSD and installing a streamline linux like
debian instead?
There seems to be a problem with your python, not Zope. Zope just
happens to manage to stresstest your python binaries.
(I'm not saying linux is better than bsd, but it appears that python
works better on linux for serious applications)

On 7/21/05, Malthe Borch <mborch at dsri.dk> wrote:
> Peter Bengtsson <peterbe at gmail.com> wrote in
> news:bc95c28005072102303c8209c5 at mail.gmail.com:
>
> > <thinking loud>
> > zlib? Did your zope work fine before?
> > Remember, about 2 weeks ago they found a vunorability in zlib, didn't
> > they. Maybe there are some implications into that on openbsd.
> > </thinking loud>
>

> Well, --- it doesn't sound likely, because it's not only with zlib. I
> just got this one:
>

> 2005-07-21T12:34:18 ERROR(200) SiteError
> http://nanotek.nano.ku.dk/computere/problemer/terror
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 92,
> in publish
>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py", line
> 350, in traverse
>     got=1
>   File "/usr/local/lib/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 600, in
> setstate
>     # end of a transaction and if the object was invalidated
>   File "/usr/local/lib/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 639, in
> _set_ghost_state
>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 227, in
> _persistent_load
>     self._cache.incrgc()
> MemoryError
>
> I restart Zope and all is well. I'm running Zope 2.7.6-final by the way.
> Perhaps I should upgrade to 2.7.7. Hopefully this is solved with 2.8.0,
> but it looks like the next compatible Plone release is some way ahead
> still.
>
> \mb

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com