[Zope] FSZSQLMethod.py refactory

Jean Rodrigo Ferri jeanrodrigoferri at yahoo.com.br
Fri Jul 22 09:31:01 EDT 2005

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> I did a refactory in the FSZSQLMethod.py module of CMFCore from  SVN.
>> I want to use my ZSQLs from the filesystem and I improved the  module
>> to better support to this feature.
>
> First of all, CMF-related items are better discussed on the zope-
> cmf at zope.org list.

Sorry!

> Can you explain how your changes "better support" ZSQL methods on the
> file system? They work perfectly fine the way they are.

The actual implemantation parsing a code with
<dtml-comment></dtml-comment> tags in its body, with the arguments list.
I think it's ugly.

"""
# parse parameters
parameters={}
start = data.find('<dtml-comment>')
end   = data.find('</dtml-comment>')
if start==-1 or end==-1 or start>end:
     raise ValueError,'Could not find parameter block'
block = data[start+14:end]
"""

So, the entire data information is submited in template, or either, the
body of zsql method receives <dtml-comment> tags and the arguments list
too. I don't know how can it work!?

"""
self.manage_edit(title, connection_id, arguments, template=data)
"""

In the top of template has a comment:

"""
(not yet) Customizable ZSQL methods that come from the filesystem.
"""

I think (not yet) means this module is not working yet, and it is my
impression after my tests and analisys the code!

> Oh, and what exactly is not working about the CMF Subversion repository?

I am using Plone 2.1, following the instruction:

http://plone.org/development/info/participation

It worked fine 2 days ago, but now it give me a timeout exception.

Forgives myself for trying to help the community!

--
Jean Ferri
TcheZope.org