[Zope] Re: ZTUtils.Iterator value in ZPT

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 13:08:39 EDT 2005

David Pratt wrote:
>> Ah, I see what you're after, something akin to an SQL sequence, right?
>> Well, Iterator ain't that ;-)
>
> I guess something like that but that is what an iterator does.

Why makes you think ZTUtils Iterators were designed for this?

> Well, by hand is not the solution either.  It is not as simple as that
> since I am using portlets in CMF

You meean portlets in Plone, right? ;-)

> You can't just number them like 1,2,3 etc because you end up with
> conflicts in tabindex values when your templates are rendered.

So give them each their own numbers based on the worst case of all
portlets being present on one page...

> your ZPT (that doesn't require you to write one with all the security
> bypasses to make it work).

They are not "security bypasses", they are appropriate security
declarations based on the work the ZTUtils code does when executing...

Looks like you're on your own...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk