[Zope] Error in treating custom exception

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jul 24 13:32:43 EDT 2005

Marco Bizzarri wrote at 2005-7-19 10:31 +0200:
>I've a custom standard_error_html page, made with a Zope Page Template.
>I'm trying to provide a custom __str__ for a custom exception. This
>works, most of the time, but in some cases I encounter the following error:
>
>TypeError: unbound method __str__() must be called with InvalidFolderId
>instance as first argument (got nothing instead)

As usual, you must get and look at the corresponding traceback.
It will tell you where "__str__" is inappropriately used.

If the error is generated from your "standard_error_message" (what
you might call "standard_error_html" -- Note: it is very important
to use the precise names!), then it may not be that easy to
get the traceback. In our Zope copy, I have introduced a log
call in case "standard_error_message" raises an exception to get
at this traceback.
The place for this measure is in
"OFS.SimpleItem.SimpleItem.raise_standard_error" (or similarly named).

--
Dieter