[Zope] Re: working with urls

Peter Bengtsson peterbe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:17:37 EDT 2005

> > Now I'm rewriting urls by substituting the href attribute with custom
> > data, and everything works fine.
> > What I'd like is having an url like: myproduct/generate/20050301/PG2,
> > and actually that's exactly what I've got. This url will make my app
> > generate a pdf report for the ref_date 2005/03/01 and code PG2 (ref_date
> > and code are internal data).
> > Zope obviously maps the url as an object, but that's not what I want: I
> > want to parse the url and use the ref_date and code data inside a
> > generate method.
>
> You want to write a __bobo_traverse__ method for your class:
>
>      def __bobo_traverse__(self, REQUEST, name):
>          # do something with 'name' here.
>          return an_object_that_is_to_be_published
>
> Philipp

I prefer to use __before_publishing_traverse__(self, obj, REQUEST=None)

The IssueTrackerProduct (IssueTracker.py) uses this so that you can URLs like
/ListIssues/start-20/reverse-False
instead of
/ListIssues?start=20&reverse=False
but that is just slightly different from what you are after.
Good luck

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com