[Zope] reportlab and images

Nicholas Wieland nicholas_wieland at yahoo.it
Wed Jul 27 09:47:31 EDT 2005

I know, I'm flooding the list ...
I use images inside my reports, so I have to open PIL-image objects inside my product.
Everything is fine, but I must use the full path, like /Zope-Instance/Products/foobar/image/blah.png, and this is a problem, because the product will have a different path when put in production.
My solution is to have a class variable to use, like:

  imagepath = "/Zope-Instance/.../image"

and then use that variable to build the path, but I think it's ugly.
How do you solve this problem and just use 'image/blah.png' just like ZPTs, knowing that all image files will be stored in an "image" subdirectory of the product ?

TIA,
  ngw