[Zope] ZSQLMethod conditional insert

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Wed Jul 27 17:50:32 EDT 2005

Hi Thomas. I would say postgres is better for this sort of thing.  In
postgres, you can write a function in plpgsql or other function
language (there is also a python function language) that you install in
postgres. In any case once you write it and then call it - it is
executed in a single transaction.  You are only left with selecting the
function in your zsql from your script. It is hard to comment on the
method you have sketched out not knowing what arguments you are passing
into the method. You have identified path but I see others that you
haven't discussed so don't really know where you plan on getting them
from.

Regards,
David