[Zope] How to overlay one column of a page

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Jun 5 23:34:26 EDT 2005

My dear John,

--On 6. Juni 2005 01:22:05 +0100 John Poltorak <jp at warpix.org> wrote:

> I have major problems trying to make any sense out of many parts of the
> Zope Book. Here is a typical section introducing ZPTs:-

There is no problem if you read *carefully*

> Now, with your editor, save the above HTML to the URL
> http://your.zope/FileLib/index_html/source.html. Notice that the URL to
> save the index_html page ends in source.html. Because page templates are
> dynamic, you need a way to edit the raw source of the template,
> unrendered  by the page template language. Appending source.html to a
> page template  gives you this raw source.

I don't know to which version of the Zope Book you refer *but* the PDF
version of the 2.6 contains a *clear* note that the URL with 'source.html'
applies *only* when using Netscape Composer or Amaya....if you read this
then this URL makes perfect sense. The same chapter of the 2.7 edition
does not contain this example anymore (likely for other reasons than the
one you are mentioning).

> To me, it says create a file called index_html - no idea what should go
> into it... and then paste the contents of an example into a file called
> index_html/source.html.

So if you cite from the Zope Book you should cite completely. So I don't
see any errors in this example.

-aj