[Zope] DiskBased Product question

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Jun 7 15:36:14 EDT 2005

Haim Ashkenazi wrote:
> I'm looking for documentation or simple examples on how to create a disk
> based product that when I install it, it also adds some third party
> products.
>
> for example, If I select my product from the "Add" list, it'll create a
> folder, insert my code into it, but also insert mailhost, database
> connector, exuserfolder etc...
>
> is it even possible?

In your install script you can call 'installProduct("productname")' on
the quickinstaller tool itself. Many products do this. Many more should.
(Everything that uses Archetypes, for instance, should probably try to
install AT.)

CMFMember does try to install AT:
http://svn.plone.org/view/collective/CMFMember/trunk/Extensions/Install.py?rev=8422&view=markup

ATContentTypes does some complex checking and installing:
http://svn.plone.org/view/collective/ATContentTypes/trunk/Extensions/Install.py?rev=7860&view=markup

		--jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"