[Zope] zope backward compatibility policy?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Jun 13 10:07:35 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 10:58:25AM +0200, gabor wrote:
> i see..
> thanks a lot...
>
> it's just that this is documented in the 'bugfix' part.
>
> i didn't expect bugfixes to change the api....

But you should expect bugfixes to change implementation details,
which is what this is :-)

If you read the documentation, e.g. at
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/UsingZope.stx
which was current as of Zope 2.6, it says:

 lines

    A lines property is a sequence of strings.

Nowhere does it say "list".

> hmm.. it seems that i will have to read the whole changelog (what
> happened between 2.6.4 and 2.7.2 ;))

Probably a good idea anyway :-)
When I am considering a major zope upgrade, I do this.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com