[Zope] automagic reindexing of objects

Jürgen Herrmann Juergen.Herrmann at XLhost.de
Mon Jun 20 03:48:20 EDT 2005

[ Dieter Maurer wrote:]
> Jürgen Herrmann wrote at 2005-6-17 14:19 +0200:
>>i make heavy use of indexes in my extension classes. these all inherit
>>from catalogpathaware, so i have to call object.reindex_object() on
>>each changed instance. calling it from attribute getters/setters f.ex.
>>is not a good idea, because changing 3 attributes will reindex the object
>>3 times.
>>
>>what i'd like to have is that such objects are reindexed automatically
>>before comitting a transaction.
>>
>>is it possible? where should i start looking in the source, is there
>>possibly a before_transaction_commit hook?
>
> It is impossible with "ZODB 3.2" (unless you patch
> "ZODB.Transaction.Transaction").
>
> "ZODB 3.4" (which is used for Zope 2.8/3.1) has hooks
> that makes it possible.
>
> --
> Dieter

that's what i wanted to hear, thanks!
i'll have a look at zope 2.8 immediately :)

regards, juergen herrmann

>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting <<

Juergen Herrmann
Weiherweg 10, 93051 Regensburg, Germany
Fon:  +49 (0)700 XLHOSTDE [0700 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)721 151 463027

ICQ:  27139974  -  IRC: #XLhost at quakenet
WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de