[Zope] Problem with keep-alive timeout

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jun 21 13:16:50 EDT 2005

Ralph wrote at 2005-6-20 22:36 +0200:

>I made a small and simple database applikation with some reports on a large
>database. But surprise, IE 6.0 (WinXP,SP2) is getting always a timeout after
>60seconds, because IE communicates with Zope through the HTTP1.0-protocoll.
>My reports needing always 40s-120s, so is there someone that could give me a
>solution for this annoying timeout problem?

The easiest way would be to use a different browser ;-)

I think IE can be customized to use a different timeout (I do not
know as I use Mozilla -- by default without timeout).

There is a very old product around, I think its name is "LocalProc",
to execute long running requests in the background and provide
some view on its face. It may not longer work in current Zope
versions but may be instructive how to proceed...

--
Dieter