[Zope] TypeError: Cache values must be persistent objects.

Nikko Wolf nikko-wolf at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 21 18:13:22 EDT 2005

Nikko Wolf wrote:
> Help!
>
> I'm trying to develop a filesystem-based Product (here 'ABCD') and
> unless I remove the "ABCD" folder from my Products directory, I get the
> following error IN THE MANAGEMENT INTERFACE.
>
> Is it possible to determine what's causing the problem?  After multiple
> restarts, I did a global "Find" in the ZMI and (I think) deleted all
> objects of type "ABCD Content".  But still the problem persists (no pun
> intended).
>
> Gaah!  How can I fix this?

Well, with the "ABCD" product folder moved, I restarted Zope.  Then, in
the ZMI I manually looked at every folder in which I thought there was
the slightest chance that I might have added an XML_File object.

After a while, I found one in a folder beneath the Plone instance.  I
delete that, restarting Zope with ABCD back where it belonged, this
seems to have fixed the problem this time.

But that begs the questions
  + why didn't the stack backtrace give the problem ID?
  + if "0x28b5" can be deciphered as an ID, how?
  + why didn't the Find locate the broken instance? (it *might*
    be since I've created about 15 different portal_types, and
    the "ABCD Content" wasn't really what the offending ID was).
  + is this a common problem with file-system (or ZClass) products?

Phew,
Nikko