[Zope] ZPT tutorial

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Tue Jun 21 23:57:14 EDT 2005

--On 21. Juni 2005 23:04:12 +0100 Mark Barratt <markb at textmatters.com>
wrote:
> or there's PHP, where the communities are probably more newbie-friendly
> and there are loads of tutorials.

Don't compare PHP with Zope. PHP is a tiny language compared to the fat
Zope frameworks. Working with Zope on the scripter level (ZPT, DTMl, ZSQL)
requires similar skills as a PHP programmer. If you want to go beyond you
have approach open-minded and come a with some solid knowledge in
programming and understanding architectural issues in Zope. But when I read
some questions here then I have the impression that people except that Zope
solves their problems although neither they don't understand the problems
themselves nor have the basic skills to  reach the goal.
That's not a but being newbie-friendly but one can expect as certain level
of knowledge when you're working with Zope...e.g. the knowledge how HTML
works (that's something kids learn at school nowadays).

-aj