[Zope] ZPT tutorial

Peter Bengtsson peterbe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 06:54:20 EDT 2005

> I think we (the Zope community) should try to be clearer in telling
> newcomers what the 'entry requirements' are.

My preference is to "lie" about the complexity. Newcomers are
welcoming it much more then. Because if you say it is easy people will
blame themselfs if they get stuck and to avoid embarrasment they will
try a little harder. Try giving someone a logic puzzle and say "it's
dirt easy, it'll take you 2 minutes" and they'll try really hard. If
you say "don't bother because you need a basketballsized brain to do"
they will give up and neither learn nor attempt.

Let's keep the fluff around the meat welcoming. So instead of
"You must have previous knowledge of XHTML 1.0" we can say "Previous
experience of HTML will help understanding how ZPT's work but it's not
a requirement"

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com