[Zope] RE: ZopeProfiler issue (found root cause)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jun 28 12:34:33 EDT 2005

Pascal Peregrina wrote at 2005-6-27 20:50 +0200:
>Well, what about :
>
>try:
>    p= gP()
>except:
>    return
>
>;)

It travels to your server.

It might even get a return value (in case, it is a Zope server)
but not necessarily what we expect.

I hate unrestricted "try: ... except: ...".

   They often tend to obscure bugs that should be revealed.

   They are unsafe when persistent objects are affected.

>I will test your patch, not sure about the
>+    s_class = getattr(s, '__class__', None)
>+    gpp_class = getattr(s, '__class__', None)

The second is definitely wrong. The "s" needs to be "gP".

The 3 lines should check whether "s" and "s.getPhysicalPath"
have the same class (as is the case when "s" is an
"xmlrpclib._Method").

--
Dieter